Tips To Help With Your Local Storage Unit Experience
- Give thought to how best arranging your space for easy access.
- Place larger items you’re not likely to need anytime soon at the back of your storage unit, those you will need more frequently at the front of the unit.
- Place a sheet of plastic film on the floor.
- When using boxes, completely fill each box, partially filled boxes tend to collapse.
- Try to stack like-sized boxes to maximize space and aid stability of the stack.
- Place heaviest boxes on the bottom, lighter boxes on top.
- Label all boxes on the SIDE for easy identification.
- Remove legs from tables with removable legs--it'll save a lot of space.
- Disassemble items such as bed frames to maximize space.
- Sofas and loveseats can be stored on end to save space
- Mattresses should be stored in heavy bags or plastic and sealed with tape.
- The best dust covers are sheets or towels which tend to conform to the shapes for better coverage.
- Use plain newsprint paper to wrap items, newspaper ink tends to come off onto your possessions. Plain newsprint is available at most moving companies.
- Make a list of the contents of your unit, perhaps even recording the general location within the unit.
- Fill plastic container boxes to capacity.
- Shelving units help take advantage of the height of your storage unit and allow you to store more fragile items safely.
- Fragile items should be cushioned by packing and placing towards the top of the unit.
Not allowed or prohibited:
Flammable, Petroleum, Toxic, Corrosive, Medical Waste, or Explosive materials are NOT ALLOWED. These types of materials have warning labels on containers, mandated by Federal Acts.
Food, or pet food, it will attract vermin, rot and smell making everyone very unpleasant.
Containers with liquids will freeze and break open.
Firearms, Munitions, Fireworks:
These items are dangerous to other tenants, the public, and may cause volatile situations.
If its Illegal, prohibited or stolen, please take your items elsewhere, you are not welcome here.
Inquire about long term discounts.